On July 31st, Cane Rosso will open their newest location at The Star in Frisco.
If you're unfamiliar with the Neapolitan pizza brand, allow me to give you a brief rundown before we start our list of reasons you need to be there.
Since opening the original location in Deep Ellum, Cane Rosso has been on more media channels than I could possibly name, but just for starters they've been crowned Best Pizza in Dallas for multiple years by multiple publications, have been featured on The Food Network's "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives", Eater's 38 Essential Pizzerias in the Nation, plus many more accolades I'm sure they'd be happy to fill you in on.
Founded by former corporate exec Jay Jerrier, who was inspired by his honeymoon trip to Italy to open a Neapolitan pizza concept, Cane Rosso has grown quickly to 9 locations throughout Texas, and they've even ventured into animal rescue via Cane Rosso Rescue.
Cane Rosso serves authentic, wood-fired Neapolitan pizzas, pasta, sandwiches, and salads. The kitchen is led by Naples-native Dino Santonicola, Executive Chef and Master Pizzaiolo.
Here I leave you 8 reasons to visit the new Cane Rosso at The Star in Frisco:
1. The Star Pizza. This cross between pizza and calzone is found exclusively at the Frisco location. Stuffed with Ricotta and fresh Mozzarella, then topped with heirloom tomatoes, pepperoni, and arugula, you can totally tell your trainer it's a salad and I won't tell a soul.
2. The one of a kind Stefano Ferrara-designed pizza oven in the shape of a football helmet. Shipped all the way from Italy, so you know it's gonna be legit.
3. To try their other new menu items found exclusively at the Star: Cane Rosso's wings and fried Calzones.
5. Bathroom art like you've never seen. Talented Dallas artist Clay Stinnett creates masterpieces for all of the CR locations. This one's taken it to a whole new level.
6. Their sibling dessert hot spot - Cow Tipping Creamery is located right next door. If you aren't tempted enough by CR's delicious dessert pizzas, mosey on over to Cow Tipping Creamery for soft serve stackers you simply can't refuse.
7. Sporty patio views for days. You can see the turf of the Cowboys' outdoor practice facilities. The ultimate in people watching...
8. To see The Star in Frisco if you haven't yet! Walk around and see all of the exciting things to come, rub elbows with people I'd probably never recognize. Whatever floats your boat. It's all happening at the Star.
3685 The Star Blvd Suite 200