Skip to main content

Cooking Classes at Kitchenwares on the Square

Chef Sascia Marchesi instructs a class at Kitchenwares on the Square

You know you can count on me to tell you where to go to have someone else cook for you, but every once in awhile I like to surprise you by featuring ways you can learn cook at home.

I love a great cooking class, and Kitchenwares on the Square recently invited me in to experience one of theirs. Sascia Marchesi is the Executive Chef/Director of Restaurants over at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center in Grapevine. He taught a class on how to prepare salmon 3 different ways. (See photos below and a recipe he shared with us for Salmon Tartare).

Most importantly, here's the schedule for their upcoming classes. Be sure and contact them through their Facebook or Instagram, or email Kim directly at kim@kitchenwaresonthesquare.com to reserve your spot!

(All cooking classes are hands on with 10 available seats for each class.)

Upcoming Cooking Classes at Kitchenwares on the Square:

April 27, Thursday, 6:30 - 8:30pm:
"An Evening in Morocco. You will cook along with the chef Vegetable Samosa w/Cucumber Raita, Curried Coconut Chicken, Moroccan Orange Salad and Coconut Tadi. ($69)

April 29, Saturday, 6:30 - 8:30pm:
"A Night in Paradise" Date Night Class!  You will prepare Hawaiian fried rice, huli huli chicken, and Paradise Cocktail.  ($69)

May 4, Thursday, 6:30 - 8:30pm:
Marvelous Meals for Meatless Mondays with Cindy Kleckner from Cooper Craig Ranch, a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. You will prepare walnut bean burgers, fresh vegetable curry with rice, chocolate chia seed pudding, and sangria. ($69)

May 11, Thursday, 6:30 - 8:30pm:
"How to make the perfect Risotto" with Michelin Starred Chef Sascia Marchesi. ($125)

May 20, Saturday, 6:30 - 8:30pm:
Chef Sophie's "Simply Southern Italian" class.  Menu - Wedge Salad w/Homemade Gorgonzola Dressing & Crispy Pancetta, Veneto Chicken, Chocolate Cake in a Mug w/Fresh Whipped Cream. ($69)

May 27, Saturday, 6:30 - 8:30pm:
"Date Night" class with the "always entertaining" Mitchell's.   Menu TBA.

Want to create your own class or host a team building event?  Let Kim know!  She's happy to find a chef to create a menu around your theme.

(Scroll to see my adventures in cooking class at Kitchenwares on the Square.)

213 E Louisiana St
McKinney, TX 75069
(469) 301-6659

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make Healthy Choices Simple With The Halal Guys

The Halal Guys recently opened their newest Dallas area location on lower Greenville, the third in the area. The company has plans to expand further in the DFW, with the next being in north Plano in the coming weeks. The company began as a street cart in NY and now has grown to locations throughout the US and worldwide. Talk about a success story! The Halal Guys is an excellent choice for those who want to eat healthy without breaking the bank. Wondering what exactly Halal means? I had that very question a few years back upon seeing it on a restaurant door, and googled away. I also recently wrote an article for Richardson Living explaining just that. It introduces the concept and talks a bit more about the Richardson location of Halal Guys and explains their menu.  The menu is the same at all locations of The Halal Guys. You go through the line, and build your own wrap or platter. Fill it with your choice of gyro, chicken, or combo, then load it up with toppings and sauce

A Tribute to El Palacio of Mexican Food, Huntsville, Alabama

This week a large piece of my childhood will be laid to rest. I know you think I'm being overly dramatic, but if you've ever had an iconic place where you've spend a large chunk of your life, I hope you'll understand where I'm coming from on this.  I have literally 24 other restaurant story deadlines to meet, but today the only thing on my mind is the news I received yesterday. I found out by a fluke (an owner's response to a Facebook review I'd posted years ago), and ended up having to be the bearer of bad news to my family and friends who also hold this establishment near and dear to their hearts.  The first restaurant I ever loved is closing their doors this week. This is my farewell. El Palacio opened in Huntsville 51 years ago, in 1966. Jimmy and Nonie McClure opened the very first location in Amarillo in 1962 in a remodeled gas station, after the Mexican food they added to their steakhouse menu started selling like wildfire. They wanted to

Get Saucy at Razzoo's Cajun Cafe Plano

I've long been a fan of Razzoo's Cajun Cafe, a Texas born restaurant that features scratch-made Lousiana favorites. All locations are locally owned, and the 26-year-old restaurant has most of its locations in Texas, with one in NC, and some new spots TBA in the near future. Some of my favorite fried indulgences at Razzoo's are the "Rat Toes" on their appetizer menu. If you love a bit of spice, ignore the name and order up some of these jalapenos stuffed with shrimp, crab, then battered and fried, served with a Cajun Buttermilk sauce for dipping. And that's just scratching the slippery surface on all of the house-made delicious sauces at Razzoo's. National Hot & Spicy Food Day is Saturday, August 19, so in anticipation of that awesome food holiday, Razzoo's  invited us out for our own little sauce tasting, AKA Delia' Paradise. I was NOT aware that Razzoo's cooks up FIFTEEN different sauces in house, and once I found this out, I cou